- This event has passed.
OBE-SCL Workshop For Faculty Deans
May 20, 2017 @ 8:00 am - May 22, 2017 @ 5:00 pm
In order to promote and expand the “Outcome Based Education & Student Centered Learning (OBE-SCL)” concepts to university leadership and management, Ministry of Higher Education and Higher Education Development Program will host an OBE-SCL workshop for faculty deans and department heads as well as an OBE-SCL conference.
With this vision in mind, conducting OBE-SCL Training Workshop for Faculty Deans from some of the public universities and OBE-SCL Conference will enhance and support the OBE-SCL implementation and practice. Therefore conducting such events will help the Ministry of Higher Education and Higher Education Development Program achieve their target which aims at modernizing and promoting the quality and standard of teaching and learning in Higher Education.
HEDP is planning to hold a 3-day OBE-SCL workshop for 77 faculty deans of primary discipline from 15 public universities on 20th-22nd May 2017. There will be four Malaysian OBE-SCL Master Trainers/Experts from the University of Technology Malaysia who will mentor the faculty deans. This number will be divided into two groups of faculty deans. For each batch, two Malaysian Master Trainers will be responsible. The objectives and outcomes of this workshop are summarized as follow:
3-day OBE-SCL Workshop
- To train the university leadership and management level on OBE-SCL and showcase its impacts on Higher Education
- To make sure that the University Faculty Deans are fully involved in the program
- To remove any concept barriers and misunderstanding about OBE-SCL system and approach
- To clarify the important roles of University Faculty Deans in supporting the OBE-SCL Training Programs
- To support, promote and institutionalize OBE-SCL at the university
- explain the purpose of OBE in enhancing the effectiveness of Higher Education system to produce quality graduates
- explain the terms and processes involved in OBE so that they are able to convince faculty members to practice OBE
- assess the effectiveness of OBE implementation at the department using simple checklist approach
- explain the needs to shift from the traditional way of teaching and learning to SCL approaches
- describe the How People Learn Framework and Constructive Alignment for evaluating a learning environment that is implemented in their faculties
- identify factors required for supporting the implementation of SCL approaches among faculty members