MINISTRY OF HIGHER EDUCATION
HIGHER EDUCATION DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM-HEDP
Grant No. TF 0A0730
Project ID: P 146184
NATIONAL COMPETITIVE BIDDING
Invitation for Bids (IFB)
Construction of OMST Expanding BUILDING
IFB No: W-5 Date: 20, 03, 2019
- The Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, Ministry of Higher Education has received a grant from Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF) administered by the world bank towards the cost of High Education Program, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this Grant- Grant No: TF 0A0730, Project ID: P 146184 to payments under the Contract for abovementioned works.
- The Ministry of Higher Education now invites sealed bids from eligible and qualified bidders for the abovementioned works to be completed within the period as below:
The construction period is: From start date as follows: 90 Days
- Bidding will be conducted through the National Competitive Bidding (NCB) procedures specified in the World Bank’s regulation: THE WORLD BANK PROCUREMENT REGULATIONS FOR IPF BORROWERS – July, 2016, Revised novemver 2017.and are open to all bidders from Eligible Source Countries as defined in the Bidding Documents.
- Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from Procurement Directorate of Department of Higher Education Development Program-HEDP, Attn: Hamed Babak, Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and inspect or purchase the Bidding Documents at the address given below during office hours:
- Qualifications requirements include:
- The minimum required annual volume of construction work for the successful bidder in any one of the last five years shall be:
- Experience as prime contractor in the construction of at least one Similar Works during the last five (5) years of value as follows:
- A Contract Manager (for each lot separately) having bachelor’s degree in civil Engineering with five years’ experience in works of an equivalent nature and volume, including no less than three years as Manager;
- Liquid assets and/or credit facilities, net of other contractual commitments and exclusive of any advance payments which may be made under the Contract, of no less than the amounts as shown below: 2,025,000 Afs
If a Bank statement is submitted for liquid asset it should be issued by a bank within one of the dates between the date of IFB advertisement and date of bid opening
- The essential equipment to be made available for the Contract by the successful Bidder shall be:
|1||Scaffold (Khwaza-e-Filizi)||As needed|
|2||Tanker with capacity of 12000 liter||1|
Bidders are allowed to propose different equipment with sufficient information to establish that their capacity is equivalent or more than the above.
- The amount of the Bid Security for each lot shall be: 337,500 Bid Security shall be valid for 28 days beyond the validity of the Bid i.e. up to 118days from the deadline date for bid submission.
For detailed post qualification verification please refer to Section I. – Instructions to Bidders and Section II- Bid Data Sheet of the bidding documents. A margin of preference for eligible national contractors/joint ventures shall not be applied.
A margin of preference for eligible national contractors/joint ventures shall not be applied.
- A complete set of Bidding Documents in English may be obtained free of charge by interested bidders on the submission of a written application to the address below or sending an e-mail to the address below.
- Bids must be delivered to the below address, Ministry of Higher Education, Higher Education Development Program-HEDP- Mirwais Maidan Main Road, Kart-e-Char, Kabul, Afghanistan at or before 04, 02, 1398 at 02:00 PM local time . Electronic bidding shall not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened physically in the presence of the bidders’ representatives who choose to attend in person at the address below at 04, 02, 1398 at 02:00 PM local time, Afghanistan local time.
- The address referred to above is
Ministry of Higher Education
Higher Education Development Program-HEDP-
Mirwais Maidan Main Road, Kart-e-Char